This grain-free cheesy rosemary cracker recipe makes for the perfect flavorful snack if you’re following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) or Gut & Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) Diets. The ingredients are simple, yet the crackers are delicious!
All you need to make this cracker are cheddar cheese, almond flour, extra virgin olive oil, water, sea salt, black pepper, fresh or dried rosemary, and as an optional flavor fresh minced garlic.
Toss all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine until you get your cracker dough. Press the dough onto a baking sheet and flatten it out evenly. You’ll want your cracker dough to be about 1/2 cm thick. Toss it in the oven until it is nice and crispy and ready for slicing! It is best to slice the crackers with a pizza cutter while they are still warm; otherwise, the crackers may be tough to cut.
Allow the crackers to cool before eating. Store them in an airtight container or resealable bag. You’ll love these grain-free cheesy rosemary crackers on their own, or top them with tuna, chicken or egg salad for a light lunch idea.
This recipe complies with the following diets:
- Paleo – No
- SCD – Yes
- Low FODMAP – No
- Grain Free – Yes
- Gluten Free – Yes
- Dairy Free – No
- SIBO-Specific Diet – No
- Keto – Yes – 1 serving has 1g net carbohydrates
This recipe makes 10 servings:
Per serving (1/10 of the recipe): 105 calories, 1g carb, 3g protein, 10g fat, 0g fiber
- 3.5 ounces of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary*
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine until a dough forms.
- Place the cracker dough onto the middle of the baking sheet. Press the dough until spread evenly across the baking sheet. Crackers should be about 1/2-centimeter thick.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the crackers are golden brown. Remove from the oven and slice immediately into 1-inch by 1-inch squares.
- *Use 1/8 tsp dried rosemary if you do not have fresh available