Dessert…it is hard to live without! Those following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) or other restrictive eating plans, often feel deprived of this simple pleasure. Well, you’re in luck if you stumbled upon this recipe. This SCD Legal Coconut Cookie literally tastes like a delicious cinnamon donut, but is 100% SCD-legal and takes about 15-minutes to make from scratch.
The ingredients you need to make this recipe are coconut flour, baking soda, honey, cinnamon, salt, eggs, and coconut oil. If you want to make this recipe low FODMAP compliant, just replace cane sugar or maple syrup with the honey. Honey is one of the few sweeteners approved for SCD.
Combine all of the ingredients and bake it at 350 degrees F for 10-minutes. That’s it! You’ll have these soft, mouth-watering cookies as a healthy dessert option throughout the week. And, even if you are not on the SCD I can guarantee you’ll still enjoy these cookies.
Feel free to top the cookies with added flavors like almond or sunflower seed butter, extra cinnamon, or even some homemade fruit jam.
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: eggs, coconut oil, and honey.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Place golf ball size cookies onto the baking sheet. Be sure to allow at least 1-inch of space as the cookies spread out during baking. Bake for 10-minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 5-minutes.
- *Top the cookies with additional flavors like extra cinnamon and butter, nut/seed butter or homemade fruit jam.