I grew up eating banana bread at almost every family gathering. My Grandma makes the most mouth-watering chocolate chip banana bread and she surely brings a loaf with her anywhere she goes. While this is not even close to my Grandma’s banana bread recipe, this Paleo Berry Banana Bread is a healthier, yet still tasty alternative.
Banana bread is one of those desserts that easily passes as a quick breakfast as it at least provides some fruit to the diet! Many banana bread recipes add in chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, or other flavors/textures. In my recipe I added a berry twist! I tossed in wild blueberries and dried cranberries adding a unique tanginess to the banana bread. Yum.
Start by tossing all of the ingredients in your food processor or blender and puree them until well combined (check out this list of best food processor for other good options).
Try to use ripe bananas that are yellow with a bit of freckling, indicating ripeness. My bananas looked like this:
Bake the banana bread in a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan for 45 to 50 minutes. You may also use this recipe to make muffins, but be sure to lessen the baking time to about 30 to 35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Bring this Paleo Berry Banana Bread to your next holiday gathering for a healthy dessert option. This recipe also makes for an on-the-go breakfast. Cut a slice and spread more almond butter on top!
This recipe complies with the following diets:
- Paleo – Yes
- SCD – Yes
- Low FODMAP – No
- Grain Free – Yes
- Gluten Free – Yes
- Dairy Free – Yes
- SIBO-Specific Diet – Yes, but stick to 1 slice
- Keto – No
This recipe makes 12 servings:
Per serving (1/12 of the recipe): 170 calories, 16g carbohydrate, 5g protein, 10g fat, 4g fiber
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter (may substitute with other types of nut butter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup wild blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Use nonstick spray or coconut oil along the sides of a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the bananas until smooth.
- Add the eggs, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the food processor and puree until well combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt to the food processor and puree until well combined.
- Fold in the blueberries and dried cranberries to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool before slicing and serving.