Who has time to make omelets when they’re trying to run out the door and get to work on time? With this simple, healthy recipe you’ll prep your veggie omelets in a muffin tin and just “grab and go” in the morning!
You can use any veggie you have in the fridge to make these veggie egg muffins. Just dice up the veggies to bite size pieces and then saute them until soft.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 340 calories, 7g carb, 28g protein, 19g fat, 2g fiber
- 1 tbs olive or coconut oil
- 12 large organic eggs
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cup roughly chopped spinach
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté broccoli and spinach in olive oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, milk, turmeric, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Once broccoli and spinach are cooked, remove from heat and let them cool for a few minutes. Dump them into the egg mixture and combine well.
- Coat a large 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Using a 1/4-measuring cup, fill each muffin cup with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through completely.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator. Reheat in microwave for 1 minute when ready to eat.
- Tip: I like to add 1/4 diced avocado and/or shredded cheese for extra flavor!