I like to warm up 2 of them and have them as a starch with my eggs in the morning.
This recipe makes 6 cakes
Per cake: 138 calories, 9g carb, 4g protein, 10g fat, 3g fiber
Write a review
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded raw beets
- 1/2 cup shredded or thinly diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil.
- With a food processor or hand-grater, shred the carrots, beets and onion and then place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, and salt to the shredded veggies and mix together thoroughly.
- Press a golf-ball size of the batter into the bottom of each muffin tin to form perfect circles. Top each cake with chopped pecans and a drizzle of coconut oil.
- Bake for 20-minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/