On a cold winter day, nothing is better than coming home to a warm bowl of these spicy red lentils with cauliflower.
This recipe will warm you from the inside out.
It will also fill your belly! It’s packed with vegan protein at 16 grams per serving. Each bowl will also give you over 17 grams of fiber. You’ll feel satisfied and energized with each and every bite.
This recipe complies with the following diets:
- Paleo- no
- Vegan/Vegetarian- yes
- Dairy free- yes
- Gluten free- yes
- Grain free- yes
- SCD- no
- Low FODMAP- no
This recipe makes 2 main-dish servings.
Per serving= 374 calories, 14.7g fat, 46.3g carbohydrate, 17.6g fiber, 16g protein
Spicy Red Lentils with Cauliflower
Write a review
- 1/2 cup dry red lentils
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cup chopped raw cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Then, toss in the onion and garlic and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the red lentils, spices (cumin, curry powder, turmeric, salt), and 2 cup of water. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then drop to a low simmer and cover for ~25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a separate pan, add 1 tbsp oil to medium heat. Then, toss in the cauliflower, ginger, lemon juice, sugar, tomato paste, and cayenne pepper. Add 1/2 cup of water. Mix all the ingredients together and allow them to cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Combine the cooked cauliflower to the cooked red lentils. Mix until well combined. Then, turn off the heat and mix in the chopped cilantro. Serve warm.
- Per serving (1/2 of the recipe)= 374 calories, 14.7g fat, 46.3g carbohydrate, 17.6g fiber, and 16g protein
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/