Lemon Quinoa Salad
Write a review
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place quinoa in a medium bowl. Cover it in room temperature water and 1tbsp apple cider vinegar, and then cover it and leave on the kitchen counter over night or for 6-8 hours.
- Strain and rinse the soaked quinoa. Place in a pot with 1.5 cups of water or vegetable broth for extra flavor, bring to a boil, then simmer covered for about 15-minutes. Turn of heat, fluff with fork and let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing: Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and whisk until well combined.
- Add all ingredients (quinoa, onion, tomatoes, beans, and spinach) to a mixing bowl and toss with the dressing. Best served chilled.
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/