This isn’t your typical “green smoothie.” Rather, it’s a decadent Mint Chocolate Chip dessert smoothie!
The smoothie is packed with healthy fats from walnuts, avocado, and a bit of coconut milk. You’ll get the bright green color from spinach and fresh mint leaves. Each sip provides a little crunch from the ground-up dark chocolate chips.
Overall, this guilt-free mint chocolate chip smoothie makes for a satisfying after-dinner dessert. Enjoy!
This recipe makes one serving.
Per serving: 314 calories, 24g fat, 27g carbohydrate, 5.5g fiber, 5g protein
This recipe complies with the following diets:
- Paleo– no, unless you leave out the dark chocolate chips since they contain cane sugar
- Vegan/Vegetarian– yes
- Low FODMAP– yes, just make sure the coconut milk doesn’t contain inulin
- SCD– no
- Gluten free– yes
- Dairy free– yes
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup raw baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup avocado
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dark chocolate chips
- Toss all ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth.
- Top the smoothie with extra mint leaves and a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips.
- Per serving: 314 calories, 24g fat, 27g carbohydrate, 5.5g fiber, 5g protein