This is my FAVORITE way to start my day…with a chocolatey, creamy, nutrient-rich protein shake! It is quick and easy to make. This shake is guilt-free, but tastes like you’re drinking a chocolate milkshake for breakfast. It is gluten and dairy free, high in protein, and high in fiber so it keeps me full for hours!
Per shake: 220 calories, 16g carb, 17g protein, 11g fat, 13g fiber
- 8 ounces of filtered water
- 1/2 cup crushed ice cubes
- 2 ounces of brewed coffee* (optional)
- 1 big handful of fresh organic baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 ripe avocado**
- 2 tsp 100% cocoa powder
- 1 serving of chocolate protein powder***
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut shreds
- Throw all of the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend until well combined.
- *I brew my morning cup of coffee and leave a little bit in the pot to add to my shake.
- **I like to add healthy fat to my shake. If you do not like avocado, you can try adding 1tbsp of ground flaxseeds or chia seeds to the shake.
- ***I use Metagenic's Ultra Meal Daily Support protein powder. It is a blend of rice and pea protein and is fortified with vitamins, minerals, and 5g of fiber. It contains 15g of protein per serving.