Whether you’re craving chocolate, cake, or just need a quick and healthy breakfast, you can’t go wrong with this Chocolate Protein mug-cake recipe!
Whip up the ingredients and throw them into a microwave-safe mug. BAM! You have cake in no time.
You can use whichever protein powder you already have at home, and chocolate, vanilla, or plain will do the trick. Keep in mind the nutrition facts may vary based on the protein powder you use.
This recipe makes 1 cake
Per cake: 240 calories, 19g carb, 29g protein, 6g fat, 3g fiber
Chocolate Protein Cake
Write a review
- 1/2 large banana, mashed*
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 30g chocolate protein powder*
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Spray a medium to large size mug with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined. Add them to the mug.
- Cook in the microwave for 2.5 minutes. Remove and consume!
- *I cut my bananas in half, wrap them in foil, and freeze them for later use. Just thaw in the microwave for 30-40 seconds before adding to the recipe.
- *I use Ultra Meal Daily Support by Metagenics for protein powder
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/