One of my favorite ways to catch up with my friends is by going on a long walk…by the time each of us has a chance to report the updates of our lives we, almost unknowingly, complete a 5-mile walk! Who doesn’t love killing two birds with one stone by getting your daily steps in, while also socializing with those you love?
Last week I was going on a walk with my best friend Jessica and she brought me over these delicious oatmeal energy bites! After taking one bite I knew I wanted to feature it on my website.
Here is Jessica’s delicious recipe:
“It’s not always easy to find a quick, filling, delicious and nutrient filled snacks but this one is perfect for pre/post workout fuel or just something quick on the go. My inspiration came when a coworker was telling me about these “energy balls” a local raw-juice bar carried that had similar ingredients and “looked delicious.” I decided to scan the aisles of my local Whole Foods while on my mission to recreate this snack. I filled up my basket – well, added the 4 items – and was on my way home! I took to the internet trying to look up similar recipes for ideas on measurements and everything turned out even better than expected. This is easy to throw together, requires no baking, and makes a snack that you will love and last for up to a week in the fridge. Enjoy!” -Jessica Jacboi
- Paleo – No
- SCD – No
- Low FODMAP – Yes, just be sure to stick to one serving.
- Grain Free – No
- Gluten Free – Yes – If using gluten free oats
- Dairy Free – Yes
- SIBO-Specific Diet – Yes, as long as you replace maple syrup with honey and limit intake to one serving.
- Keto – Yes – each serving has 8g net carbs
This recipe makes 12 servings:
Per serving: 144 calories, 11g carb, 3g protein, 10g fat, 3g fiber
- 1 cup dry organic rolled oats
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- 2/3 cup organic, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- Add all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into one-inch balls and spread on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Refrigerate the balls for about 10-15 minutes and then place in container and seal
- Share with your friends/family or enjoy all by yourself!