This Low Carb Pasta with Red Pepper Sauce is an absolute WINNER!
It’s low-carb, with less than 10 grams of net carbohydrates per serving. Use Miracle Noodles to replace regular pasta noodles, making this recipe grain free, gluten free, and Paleo-compliant.
How To Make The Sauce
If you have jarred roasted red peppers, feel free to skip this step. I sliced up 2 large red bell peppers and placed them on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil.
I roasted them in the oven until soft (35-minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
While the peppers were roasting, I also roasted a head of garlic. Just place the garlic in foil with some oil and close it into a tight packet.
Once the garlic and the peppers are done, your sauce is just about ready. Toss in 2 garlic cloves, the entire tray of peppers, extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and black pepper. Puree in the blender until the sauce is mostly smooth.
How To Make The Pasta
To make the Miracle noodles, simply drain them from the pouch and rinse them in water for about a minute. Then, toss them into boiling water for 2-minutes. Strain them again. Then, dry them out by placing them on a dry pan on low-heat for a few minutes.
Putting It All Together
Now, all of the components of the meal are ready to come together!
This recipe complies with the following diets:
- Paleo– yes
- Low FODMAP– no, due to the mushrooms and garlic
- SCD– no, due to the konjac flour making up the noodles
- Gluten free– yes
- Grain free- yes
- Dairy free- yes
- Keto- yes, with <10 grams of net carbs for 1/2 of the recipe
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Per serving= 393 calories, 36.6g fat, 15.2g carb, 5.5g fiber, 3.7g protein
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bag Miracle Noodles (prepare according to package directions)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cup fresh baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Toss the bell peppers in 1-2T oil on a large baking sheet. Roast them in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, saute the mushrooms and spinach in a large pan over medium heat for about 10-minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and toss them into a food processor or blender. Puree with garlic cloves, 1/4 cup oil, pepper, salt and red pepper flakes until smooth.
- Toss together the red pepper sauce with the mushrooms, spinach and cooked Miracle noodles onto a saute pan. Heat together for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm and consider topping to fresh basil to garnish.