Quiche is my all-time favorite brunch dish! Make it keto-friendly by using a flavorful almond flour crust found in this recipe.
Fill the quiche with sautéed onions and spinach for extra fiber and nutrients. Bake for about 30-minutes and allow it to cool completely before slicing.
This recipe complies with the following diets:
- Paleo- no
- Vegan- no
- Vegetarian- yes
- Low FODMAP– no
- SCD– yes
- Gluten free– yes
- Dairy free- no
- Ketogenic- yes, as it has <5 grams of net carbs per slice
One quiche makes 8 slices.
Per slice: 340 calories, 28.5g fat, 8.5g carbohydrate, 3.7g fiber, 13.5g protein
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoon water
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cup raw spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive for sautéing
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- To make the crust, combine the flour, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Then, pour in the water and olive oil. Mix until a dough forms.
- Evenly press the dough into the skillet, making sure to cover the sides. Bake for 25-minutes or until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, make the quiche filling. In a pan over medium heat, saute the onions in oil for 5-minutes and then add the spinach. Cook until softened. Then, set aside and allow them to cool.
- Crack open the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat with the seasonings and cheese. Throw in the cooked veggies and mix until well combined.
- Once the crust is cooked, remove it from the oven. Pour in the quiche filling and bake for ~30-minutes.
- Cool the quiche for 10-minutes and then slice into 8 even pieces.