Are you ready for an “indulgent” and filling breakfast of champions? Well, you have got part of that sentence right in this grain-free coconut pancake recipe, minus the indulgence-factor, as you’ll leave the table feeling completely guilt-free. Just wait until you find out how I made this sky-high stack!
These delicious pancakes are super simple to make with just a few ingredients like coconut flour, eggs, and a hint of maple syrup and cinnamon. The batter is ready in less than 5-minutes. I like to make silver-dollar sized pancakes, but feel free to make yours larger or smaller than the ones shown below.
This recipe came about as I was trying to figure out more breakfast ideas for my clients who suffer from multiple food sensitivity and/or allergy issues. Many of these people cannot consume grains and flour (particularly wheat), dairy, and processed sugar…all ingredients that are commonly found in typical pancake recipes. Additionally, this pancake is approved for someone on the low FODMAP diet as long as the pancake portion size is limited to 1 serving (1/2 of the recipe). I promise you that this healthy variation will taste just as good, if not better, than the high calorie, high carb, high sugar pancake you may order at the diner.
These pancakes are light, fluffy and flavorful. You can top them with nuts, seeds, and fruit to your liking for extra flavor, texture and fiber. Here I chose banana slices, unsweetened coconut flakes, pure maple syrup, and a hint of cinnamon. Try out topping combinations like fresh, wild blueberries with chopped walnuts or sliced strawberries with slivered almonds or even chopped fresh peaches with toasted pecans. In place of maple syrup you may also use a light drizzle of honey or agave syrup for extra sweetness.
Enjoy and let me know what you think!
This recipe makes 2 servings:
Per serving: 310 calories, 24g carb, 17g protein, 16g fat, 10g fiber
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- Coconut oil (for cooking, to coat the pan)
- Combine all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. You may add 1 to 2 teaspoons of additional water if you desire a thinner pancake.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan and swirl around to coat the skillet.
- Pour pancake batter into the skillet, to your desired pancake size. This recipe should make about 6 to 8 silver-dollar sized pancakes.
- Allow the pancake to cook for about 5-minutes or until lightly browned prior to flipping. Brown the other side for about 3-minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place finished pancakes on a plate and add with desired toppings.