This orange, radish and carrot salad is perfect for summertime! It’s refreshing, crunchy, and has just a hint of sweetness. Make it for a side dish, or top it with grilled shrimp or chicken for a satisfying meal.
For the homemade dressing, just mix together freshly squeezed orange juice, extra virgin olive oil, cumin, sea salt, and some chopped cilantro. Not a big fan of cilantro? Swap that out with some parsley.
Next, chop up the carrots and radishes into thin slices. You can cut up orange segments, or just use mandarin oranges, packed in their own juice.
Throw everything together in a bowl and there you have it!
This recipe makes 2 servings
Per serving: 190 calories, 16g carb, 3g protein, 14g fat, 4g fiber, high in vitamins A and C
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 4 cup raw mixed greens
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced into pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrots
- Mix together the oil, juice, cumin, salt and cilantro and set aside.
- Combine the greens, radishes, carrots, and orange slices into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined.
- Per serving: 190 calories, 16g carb, 3g protein, 14g fat, 4g fiber, high in vitamins A and C