While you can easily go to the store and buy some of the more popular bars out there like Lara bars, Kind bars, Cliff bars, Luna bars, Pure bars, Quest bars, etc. I prefer to make my own! These nut bars taste great and honestly, will end up saving you a ton of money in the long run. Buying bars at the store can end up cost $1.50 to $3 per bar! When you make bars at home, you buy the raw ingredients in bulk, make an entire tray of bars, and then you end up saving a ton of money….plus they really do taste better!
These bars are PACKED with healthy fats from walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds, and coconut oil. You’ll feel full and satisfied hours after eating them!
This recipe is super easy to make and you’ll get 16 nut bars out of it. Wrap them up individually in foil or plastic bags, or throw them in a container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts (per bar, 1/16 of the recipe): 125 calories, 10.5g fat, 6g carb, 1.5g fiber, 3g protein
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup jam (any flavor, I used raspberry)
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Add the almonds and walnuts to the food processor and pulse until they turn into gravel texture.
- Add the flaxseed, jam, oil, and salt to the food processor and pulse until dough forms.
- On an 8x8 baking tray, place the dough in the middle of the tray and press it until it is evenly distributed.
- Refrigerator for one hour. Then, cut it into 16 squares.
- Serve cold.