All you do is toss all the ingredients into your food processor and then form the batter into 2-inch patties. Place them on a baking sheet and cook them for about 15-minutes. Done.
Their bright green color comes from raw kale leaves. They’re packed with flavor from the parmesan cheese, dried oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Eat them right away, or store them in an air-tight container/bag in the refrigerator or freezer.
This recipe complies with the following diets:
This recipe makes 8 patties and serves 4 (~2 patties per serving).
Per serving: 147 calories, 7.3 grams of fat, 11.5 grams carbohydrate, 1.5 grams fiber, 10.8 grams protein
- 2 large handfuls of raw, chopped kale
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup gluten free bread crumbs (+ 1-2 more tablespoons if batter is too sticky)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking tray and set aside.
- Toss the kale into your food processor and blend for about 10-seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the shredded kale and blend for about 20-30 seconds.
- Form 8 to 9 patties with the batter and place them on the baking tray. Bake for ~15-minutes.
- Serve warm as a vegetable side dish or eat them at room temperature as snack.