This recipe complies with the following diets:
- Paleo – No
- SCD – Yes – Replace mozzarella cheese with a legal cheese like Monterey jack or cheddar cheese and use SCD-legal tomato sauce
- Low FODMAP – No
- Grain Free – Yes
- Gluten Free – Yes
- Dairy Free – No
- SIBO-Specific Diet – No
- Keto – No
This recipe makes 2 servings
Each serving includes: 373 calories, 27 g carbohydrates, 23 g protein, 20 g fat, and 9 g fiber.
Cauliflower Veggie Pizza
Write a review
- 2 1/2 cups grated cauliflower (easiest to grate using food processor or box grater)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup raw roughly chopped spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tsp Italian herb blend (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Steam grated cauliflower until tender, for about 5-minutes. Allow to cool. Make sure to remove enough of the liquid from the cauliflower by squeezing it in a cheesecloth.
- Meanwhile, combine the egg, cheese, salt, and pepper to a medium mixing bowl. Add the steamed cauliflower and mix until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the baking sheet, creating a 1/4-in crust. Coat lightly with olive oil and bake for 15-minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, saute onions, garlic, spinach and tomatoes until tender.
- Remove crust from the oven. Top the pizza crust with sauce, cheese and veggie toppings. Add additional seasonings as desired. Bake in the oven for ~15-minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown.
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/