Pureeing the black beans replaces any need for flour in this recipe, making the brownies gluten free and grain free.
- Paleo – No – black beans are legumes
- SCD – No – Cocoa powder is illegal
- Low FODMAP – No – black beans are high FOMDPA
- Grain Free – Yes
- Gluten Free – Yes
- Dairy Free – Yes
- SIBO-Specific Diet – No – Cocoa powder is illegal
- Keto – No this recipe has 21g of net carbs per serving.
This recipe makes 9 brownies.
Each brownie contains: 214 calories, 25 g carbohydrates, 6 g protein, 11 g fat, 4 g fiber
Black Bean Brownies
Write a review
- 1, 15.5oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1 tsp instant coffee (optional)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 8×8 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, sugar, and nuts into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into baking dish and add chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 25-minutes.
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/