SUMMER VEGGIE ROLLS WITH SPICY PEANUT LIME SAUCE
Write a review
- For the Rolls-
- Spring roll papers (8-10)*
- 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 English cucumber, julienned
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3-4 lettuce leaves, julienned
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted peanuts**
- Sea salt
- For the Sauce-
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 T. peeled fresh ginger
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 1/2 t. honey
- 1-3 t. water, to thin as needed
- Combine all ingredients for the rolls and set aside.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add water to thin as desired.
- Place a cutting board on the counter and fill a large bowl with hot tap water. Submerge one spring roll wrapper into the water for ~10 seconds or until soft. Remove carefully and place onto the cutting board.
- Add filling ingredients to the center of the wrapper. Be careful not to overfill. Roll the two sides of the wrapper inward and then flip the bottom overtop the filling and roll forward.
- Repeat for the remaining rolls.
- Serve with the dipping sauce. Rolls will keep in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Sauce will keep for up to 1 week in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- *May substitute lettuce leaves for spring roll wrappers
- **May use sunflower seeds in place of peanuts
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/