Eating a healthy lunch on the go is no easy feat…
Pick up a few of my quick tips on making healthy lunch choices when you only have a quick minute to grab a bite to eat.
This video walks you through three of the most popular lunch spots (Sushi, Chipotle, and Panera) and provides you some simple ordering swaps for a guilt-free bite on the go!
- Sushi is generally quick, light, and energizing
- Avoid tempura battered rolls
- Avoid heavy sauces that are mayo based
- Watch the carbs:
- Cut off outer edges of each roll to avoid excess rice
- Opt for brown rice option
- Ask for the roll with cucumber slices rather than rice (paleo-style)
- Ask yourself, “How does this meal fit into my day?” and monitor your own calorie intake
- Opt for the salad to cut out 300 calories from the meal
- Pick any meat, but add beans for extra fiber and protein
- Load up with veggies galore!
- Stick to ONE creamy option: guacamole, cheese, sour cream
- Avoid salad dressing and instead use salsa for extra flavoring
- Just say “No” to the chips to save 500 calories!
- Drink water over soda (save money and sugar)
- Visit the website panera.com and look at the nutrition menu to decide what is best for you
- Opt for vegetable based options by getting a salad
- Chips, bread or apple??…go for the apple!
What are you some of your favorite places to eat a healthy lunch on the go? Let me know where you go and what you order in the comment section below.