Pizza. Who doesn’t love it?
If you’re anything like me, then even just the smell of pizza makes your mouth start watering!
Pizza isn’t always the healthiest of food choices. So try out this healthy pizza snack ball recipe to get all of the flavors of freshly baked pizza.
How to Make Pizza Balls
The base of the snack ball is ground almonds and white beans providing a great source of fiber, protein and calcium. Pizza-flavor comes from the tomato paste, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
Throw all of the ingredients together into your food processor. I like to keep a few chunks in the batter for better mouth-feel. Roll the batter up into ping-pong size balls.
Store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Pop 1 or 2 as a healthy snack or the next time you’re craving pizza!
This recipe makes 9 ping-pong size balls.
Per ball: 102 calories, 7.1g fat, 6.2g carb, 2.3g fiber, 4.4g protein
- ½ cup roasted, unsalted whole almonds
- ½ cup canned white beans, strained, rinsed and pat dry
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the food processor. Blend until mostly smooth, with a few chunky pieces.
- Roll the batter into 9, equal size balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Per ball (1/9 of the recipe): 102 calories, 7.1g fat, 6.2g carb, 2.3g fiber, 4.4g protein