You have to try this perfect pistachio pesto recipe! Pesto is one of my favorite sauces because it is packed with flavor from healthy and nutritious ingredients.
In this recipe I used pistachios, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese. For the bright green color, I used a mixture of both fresh basil leaves and baby spinach. Blend it all together in your food processor and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Add pesto to any dish, but in this case I tossed it in sauteed shrimp. You can also try adding it to pasta, cooked veggies, or even meat or seafood. Pesto is so versatile and sure to impress any dinner guests!
This recipe makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 129 calories, 2g carb, 3g protein, 13g fat, 1g fiber
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the pistachios into the food processor and pulse for ~10 seconds.
- Add in the basil, spinach, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper to the food processor and blend together.
- Pour in the oil as the food processor is running.
- The pesto is complete. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- *You may add more oil to the recipe to create the desired consistency
- Per serving (1/6 of the recipe): 129 calories, 2g carb, 3g protein, 13g fat, 1g fiber