Pumpkin flavored anything is pretty much my jam throughout the fall months, so no better time than now to bake a delicious treat: Paleo Pumpkin Almond Bars!
These light, fluffy, and moist treats are super easy to whip up and share for any special gathering you have coming up. And, as always, these bars are packed with healthy ingredients so you really can have your cake and eat it, too.
This recipe complies with the following diets:
- Paleo– yes
- Vegan- no, but recipe will turn out okay without the eggs (banana can be used as the primary binder)
- Vegetarian- yes
- Low FODMAP– while this recipe does not contain some high FODMAP ingredients (e.g. overripe banana, coconut flour, almond butter), the total amount in each bar is minimal and should be well tolerated on a low FODMAP diet. Stick to 1 bar as a serving.
- SCD– no
- Keto- no
- Gluten free– yes
- Dairy free– yes
This recipe makes 12 bars.
Per bar: 150 calories, 10g fat, 11g carbohydrate, 2.5g fiber, 4.8g protein
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 overripe medium banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8-inch pan and set aside.
- Mix together in a medium mixing bowl the almond butter, pumpkin puree, banana, syrup, and vanilla. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, and then mix into the rest of the batter.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a small bowl including coconut flour, spices, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture until well combined. Pour into your greased pan and bake for ~35-minutes. Allow the cake to cool before slicing into 12-bars.
- Per bar: 150 calories, 10g fat, 11g carbohydrate, 2.5g fiber, 4.8g protein