In need of a quick, healthy and tasty on-the-go breakfast idea? Well, you came to the right place! Try out this Muesli Mug Cake recipe and I guarantee you’ll be hooked.
The recipe makes 2 servings, but consider doubling it and using it for breakfast throughout the week. You can also save the uncooked batter and heat as needed for a soft, warm cake in 60-seconds.
Tweak the recipe to your liking. Consider adding nuts, seeds and dried fruits that you already have in the kitchen. You can add chia seeds, flax seeds, pecans, or almonds. However you flavor it, this muesli mug cake will taste great and provide you with a nutritious, guilt-free breakfast.
Just toss all of the ingredients together and mix until well combined. Place half the batter into a greased mug and heat in the microwave for 60-seconds. Flip the mug over and tap the bottom for the cake to fall right out and onto a plate.
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Per serving: 325 calories, 34g carb, 13g protein, 19g fat, 5g fiber
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped craisins
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the egg, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Then, mix in the almond flour.
- Toss in the dates, craisins oats, seeds, nuts and mix until well combined.
- Grease a microwave-safe mug with coconut oil. Place half of the mixture into the mug and heat on high for 60-seconds.
- Remove mug from the microwave and flip the cake out of the mug and onto a plate.
- Per serving: 325 calories, 34g carb, 13g protein, 19g fat, 5g fiber