While muffins are delicious…they are not always nutritious and often put a huge dent in the calorie bucket for the day! With this recipe, you can have a nutrient-dense, low calories muffins for breakfast without all of the guilt.
Hearty Breakfast Muffins
Write a review
- 3/4 cup flour (gluten free or wheat)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ginger powder
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plain, 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, and oats. Then, mix in raisins, carrots, walnuts, cinnamon, baking soda, cardamom, salt and ginger.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes,
- Nutrition facts (per muffin): 145 calories, 5g fat, 21g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 5.5g protein, 26% DV vitamin A
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/