If you’re like most Americans, it can be tough to reach your five servings of vegetables each day. By incorporating this green drink, a vegetable cocktail of sorts, into your day, you’ll be sure to surpass that goal! Wash and roughly chop up your veggies in advance and store them in a container in the refrigerator for a quick preparation in the morning.
Try out my recipe for a refreshing, nutrient-dense, fiber-rich shake.
This recipe makes 1 serving.
Per serving: 260 calories, 51g carb, 7g protein, 11g fat, 13g fiber, 290% RDA for vitamin A, 281% RDA for vitamin C
- 1 handful of chopped organic kale
- 1 handful of raw organic spinach
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cucumber (deskin)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped celery
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 to 1 medium apple or pear
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro)
- 1 cup filtered water
- Add all of the ingredients into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.