These cream cheese low carb pancakes are decadent and delicious and make for an excellent low-carb or ketogenic diet option.
The recipe is simple and just includes eggs, cream cheese, coconut flour, psyllium husk fiber, and the sweetener of your choice. Cook the pancakes in coconut oil, butter or ghee.
Instead of drizzling them in sugary syrup, I topped them with frozen and thawed wild, organic blueberries.
Enjoy for breakfast with a side of whole milk, plain yogurt.
This recipe complies with the following diets:
- Paleo- no
- Low FODMAP– no
- Gluten free– yes
- Grain free- yes
- Dairy free- no
- SCD– no
- Vegan/Vegetarian- no
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Per serving (1/2 of the recipe): 319 calories, 21g fat, 20g carb, 7g fiber, 13 net grams of carb, 12.5g protein *using maple syrup as the sweetener.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of prefered sweetener*
- 3-4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee for cooking
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the cooking butter/ghee in your food processor or blender.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add your cooking butter/ghee. Pour on the batter, making 4-5 inch diameter pancakes.
- Allow the pancakes to cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm and top with a few berries.
- *I used maple syrup in this recipe and calculated the nutrition facts with that in mind. You may use stevia, splenda, brown sugar, etc.
- Per serving (1/2 of the recipe): 319 calories, 21g fat, 20g carb, 7g fiber, 12.5g protein