Cranberry Walnut Quinoa
Write a review
- 1 cup quinoa, soaked overnight*
- 1 cup raw walnut halves, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 medium Vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Rinse and strain the soaked quinoa using a fine-mesh strainer. Place in a medium saucepan and add 2 cups of purified water. Bring to a boil, then place heat on medium/low and cover for about 15 minutes or until quinoa is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in a medium pan over medium heat in 2tsp oil until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In the same pan, lightly toast chopped walnuts over medium/low heat until fragrant (5-7 minutes). Set aside.
- Combine cooked quinoa, sautéed onions, toasted walnuts, chopped dried cranberries, and chopped parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the rest of the oil, salt and spices. Drizzle the dressing over the quinoa salad until well combined. Serve at room temperature or slightly cooled over a bed of baby spinach.
- *Place dry quinoa in a bowl and cover with room temperature water and 1tbsp vinegar. Cover and place on the counter to soak overnight (6-8 hours).
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/