Broccoli, a cruciferous vegetable and part of the cabbage family, offers numerous health benefits and provides an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin A, B-vitamins, antioxidants and fiber!
Broccoli & Carrot Slaw
Write a review
- 12oz broccoli slaw mix (packaged, found in refrigerated produce section)
- 3 large carrots, shredded (in the food processor or grater) or 3 cups of packaged shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh green herb- cilantro or parsley
- 2tbsp sesame oil (use toasted sesame oil for more potent flavor)
- 2tbsp rice vinegar
- 2tbsp of soy sauce, tamari, or coconut amino
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or 1tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
- 2tbsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded broccoli, carrots, scallions, and green herb.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix until well combined.
- Add the peanuts and/or sesame seeds and mix together. Refrigerate and serve cold.
- This recipe pairs great with my asian meatballs!
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/