This is one of my favorite recipes to make for any get together because it is ALWAYS a hit! It is also super satisfying and flavorful, so I enjoy packing it for lunch during the workweek.
Black Bean Sweet Potato Salad
Write a review
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-in chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1, 15oz can black beans, strained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup oil (grapeseed, avocado or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Toss diced sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet with 1tbsp of oil. Roast in the oven for 30-minutes or until tender. Cool for 10-minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the beans, onion, bell pepper and cilantro and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend together all of the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl.
- Combine the roasted and cooled sweet potatoes with the chopped vegetables and dressing. Serve at room temperature or slightly cooled.
- For an extra nutritional punch, add this dish on top of a bed of mixed greens.
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/