My favorite fall flavors come together for this delicious and satisfying Apple Cinnamon Almond Muffin recipe!
The great thing about muffins are that they are already portion controlled and provide a great option for on-the-go breakfast or midday snack.
These muffins are super easy to make. You can use your favorite type of apple, but I used Gala which are crunchy and sweet!
This recipe complies with many healthy eating plans, but please avoid if you’re following the low FODMAP diet…apples and honey are no-go.
- SCD- yes, but avoid during the introduction phase
- Paleo- yes
- Gluten free- yes
- Dairy free- yes
- Grain free- yes
This recipe makes 9 muffins.
Per muffin: 211 calories, 14g fat, 17g carb, 3.3g fiber, 6.5g protein
- 1.5 cup chopped Gala or Fuji apples
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the orange juice, almond butter, almond meal, coconut flour, honey, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Then, pulse in the chopped apples until blended but not completely smooth.
- Pour the batter into the greased muffin tin, filling about 9 muffins 3/4 of the way full. Top each muffin with a sprinkle of chopped walnuts.
- Bake for about 27-30-minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Per muffin (1/9 of the recipe): 211 calories, 14g fat, 17g carb, 3.3g fiber, 6.5g protein