You’re gonna love this Low FODMAP Carrot soup recipe. It’s simple to make and only requires a handful of ingredients.
To Get Started
Chop up your scallions (green part only) and carrots. I chose multi-colored carrots…aren’t they pretty?
Next up, heat up the oil in your saucepan over medium-heat. Then, add the scallions, carrots and eventually the minced ginger.
After a few minutes, toss in the broth and some water and allow the mixture to simmer for about 25-30-minutes.
Once the carrots are tender, add the remaining ingredients including lime juice, brown sugar, and coconut milk. Allow the mixture to cool a bit before pureeing it in your food processor or blender. Prior to serving, top the soup with chopped scallions or fresh cilantro.
This recipe complies with the following diets:
- Low FODMAP– yes, just make sure to use Low FODMAP broth
- Paleo– no, unless you replace honey for brown sugar
- SCD– no, unless you replace honey for brown sugar
- Vegetarian/Vegan- yes, just make sure to use vegetable broth
- Gluten free– yes
- Grain free– yes
- Dairy free– yes
This recipe makes 4 servings.
Per serving (1/4 of the recipe): 190 calories, 13.3g fat, 6g saturated fat, 16.4g carbohydrate, 3.9g fiber, 1.9g protein, 430% RDA for vitamin A
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- 4 cup sliced carrots
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 1/2 cup broth*
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk**
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Sliced scallions or chopped cilantro for garnishing
- Over medium heat, add oil to saucepan. Then, toss in the scallions and cook for 2-minutes. Toss in the carrots and ginger and cook for another 2-3-minutes.
- Add the broth and water and allow the mixture to simmer for 30-minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and mix in the coconut milk, brown sugar and lime juice.
- Pour the mixture into your food processor or blender. Blend until completely smooth. Season to taste.
- Serve warm and top the soup with scallions or cilantro.
- *Use Low FODMAP broth like from Savory Choice. Use vegetable broth to make the dish vegan.
- **Find coconut milk free of inulin