Tangy Roasted Beets
Write a review
- 3 large beets
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp orange juice (fresh squeezed is preferred)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the beets by removing the tips and the stems from the beet root. Peel each beet with a vegetable peeler or paring knife. Chop each beet into 1-inch chunks.
- Add the beets to the baking sheet and toss in melted coconut oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Place in the oven and roast for 40-minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, toss and flip the beets.
- Remove roasted beets from the oven and place in a medium mixing bowl. Add balsamic vinegar and orange juice and toss to coat.
- Serve beets as a side dish or place on top of a spinach or arugula salad with fresh goat cheese, slivered almonds, and dried cranberries.
Nutrition by Erin https://nutritionbyerin.com/