This delicious cucumber tomato salad recipe is a take on an Israeli salad.
It’s refreshing, crunchy and light. Add it as a side dish to a lean protein dish like baked salmon or chicken.
To make the recipe low FODMAP compliant, avoid using garlic and onions. However, 1 clove of minced garlic and 1/4 cup finely chopped onion make a great addition to this salad.
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Per serving: 194 calories, 13g carb, 3g protein, 19g fat, 6g fiber
- 2 cup chopped Roma tomatoes, seeds removed
- 2 cup chopped Persian cucumbers
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Per serving (1/2 the recipe): 194 calories, 13g carb, 3g protein, 19g fat, 6g fiber