Guacamole is the perfect complement to pretty much anything…tortilla chips, tacos, raw veggies, etc. Let’s take guacamole and move it up a notch with this Black Bean Guacamole recipe!
By adding in the black beans to the dip, you’ll get an extra nutritional punch. Black beans are loaded with fiber, protein and essential vitamins and minerals like iron, magnesium and B-vitamins. Additionally, this black bean guacamole is less calorically-dense than your typical guacamole recipe because the black beans take up more of the volume than the avocado. Therefore, you get all of the flavor of guacamole, but without all of the calories.
To make this recipe, just combine all of the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl until well combined. You can eat it at room temperature or slightly chilled in the refrigerator. The dip should last a few days if kept in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Bring this black bean guacamole to your next get together or gameday party and I’m sure it will be a hit! You can eat it on top of a taco, with tortilla chips, or straight out of the container. Enoy.
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded (for less heat) and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1, 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine together all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl.