Ready for a melt-in-your-mouth, fudgey, gooey, chocolate cookie?
Perfect. Me, too.
Then you must try out this black bean chocolate fudge cookie. They’re completely grain-free and dairy-free, with only 6 grams of sugar per cookie!
A 15oz can of black beans (rinse and pat dry) takes the place of flour in this recipe. Black beans are a great source of fiber, protein, potassium, iron, magnesium and calcium. Just puree them in your food processor along with the rest of the ingredients and you have a silky, dark chocolate batter.
For an extra crunch, add chopped nuts like walnuts, peanuts, or pecans to the batter. You can also add dark chocolate chips for even more decadence!
- 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet.
- Add all of the ingredients, except the nuts and the chocolate chips, to the food processor. Blend until the batter is well combined and smooth.
- Mix in the nuts and chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Place a spoonful of batter to the baking sheet, making about 15-cookies total. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.