One word: yum.
This beet, apple, gingery-lime salad is so refreshing and delicious you won’t even believe it’s healthy! Make up a batch and bring it to your next potluck or have it as a side to grilled shrimp or fish.
After crunching away at this raw, vegan salad, you’ll get hooked on how energized you’ll feel! That’s because beets are PACKED with vitamins, minerals and anti-inflammatory/antioxidant compounds. Mixing that up with tangy apples, sour lime juice, and soothing ginger makes the flavor profile pop.
Eating this salad with a meal aids in digestion as the ginger in it helps support indigestion and nausea. Ginger does this by moving stomach contents along the digestive path and into the small intestine. While fresh and dried ginger have similar nutritional benefits, freshly grated ginger tastes a lot better in this recipe.
This recipe makes 4 servings
Per serving: 182 calories, 24g carb, 1g protein, 11g fat, 6g fiber
- 2 cup shredded, raw beets (clean and peel prior to shredding)
- 2 cup shredded, raw Granny Smith apples (skin on)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger root
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 pinch Celtic sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded beets and apples.*
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, ginger, lime juice and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together until well combined.
- Garnish with a hint of lime zest.
- *Shred the produce using the shredding blade of your food processor or a hand-grater.
- Per serving: 182 calories, 24g carb, 1g protein, 11g fat, 6g fiber